Monday

The Happening


I have to admit that this movie was ruined for me before I even saw it. I was surfing the net and came upon another movie review blog whose latest review was for The Happening. This blogger hated the movie so much that he didn't want people to waste their money seeing it, so he described scene after scene and blasted every bit of it.

The real low down on this film is that it's very much like The Village. It builds up very mysteriously and really holds your interest. It makes you start to care about the characters and what happens to them. However, when you get to the end you feel disappointed and unfulfilled.
Shyamalan is great at everything but a good ending and because of this I could not enjoy the movie.

I love Mark Wahlberg but in this film he just comes off as a winy mixed up school boy. This role was not for him.

0 comments: